What is LANAP® (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure)?
LANAP® laser treatment is in a word – revolutionary. LANAP® laser gum surgery is a minimally invasive therapy for the treatment of periodontal disease, and is a virtually painless alternative to many of the more traditional periodontal procedures.
With accuracy, the PerioLase® (PerioLase® is the medical device we use during LANAP® laser treatment) can identify and kill only the bacteria living deep inside gum pockets without disturbing any nearby, healthy tissue. The remaining tissue can then reattach to the root surface and do what it’s meant to do: protect and preserve your natural teeth. It even regenerates bone around existing teeth – an exciting breakthrough in gum disease treatment and great news for patients who would otherwise lose their teeth.
While there are other medical devices that use lasers, only the PerioLase® medical device is FDA approved, researched and proven to regrow bone and treat periodontal disease.
How long does it take to recover from LANAP® Laser Periodontal Surgery?
Since LANAP® is a highly effective and less painful form of gum disease treatment, patients are typically back to their normal daily routine that day. Over the counter pain reliever is usually the only pain medication ever needed.
LANAP® Dentist Training and Certification
Schlueter Periodontics is excited to pioneer LANAP® in the St. Louis area by bringing this new, less-painful approach to helping our patients achieve improved oral health and a more aesthetic smile.
A LANAP® dentist or periodontist must be fully trained in LANAP® to provide this specialized treatment. The doctors at Schlueter Periodontics are both trained and experienced by providing this procedure for a large number of patients with amazing results. There are very few providers of the specific LANAP® procedure protocol using the PerioLase® for treatment of periodontal disease.
Other LANAP® Laser Gum Surgery Advantages
- LANAP® is minimally invasive for a more comfortable experience during and after the procedure – prescription pain medication is rarely required.
- No extractions – save and keep your natural teeth.
- Little to no bleeding – the PerioLase® dental laser targets and kills bacteria immediately, removing 90% of the inflammation that causes gums to bleed.
- Faster healing time – get back to living in as little as 24-hours or less.
- No recession – there’s no cutting, so your gum line stays exactly where it is.
- More predictable long-term results – with proper self-care, results are usually permanent.
- Grow new bone – LANAP® is the only protocol scientifically proven to regenerate bone around the teeth.
Call and schedule you evaluation appointment with us to see if LANAP® is right for you!