Yes, we’re open! Here at Schlueter Periodontics and Implants, we have always taken great pride in our infection control processes. During this Covid-19 crisis, we want you to know that we have taken even further measures to minimize the risk of transmission to you and/or your loved ones as much as possible during your visit with us. These measures include: screening all patients over the phone before they enter the office to rule out anyone with possible symptoms or recent contact with an actively infected Covid-19 case, taking temperatures of all personnel (even the doctors!) and all patients every day, Antibacterial and viral pre-rinsing for all patients, intraoral and extraoral vacuum systems to minimize the aerosols created during normal dental procedures, additional in office filtration system air scrubbers, additional personal protective equipment (or PPE) for all of our staff and doctors, sneeze guards in appropriate areas, widely available hand sanitizer, and minimizing office occupancy. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Below are some screening questions and pre-protocol info Screening Questions and Pre-Appointment Protocols
- If you or a close family member are feeling ill, running a fever, have a cough, or are under the weather, please let us know so that we can reschedule your appointment for a later date. We understand these are unprecedented times and health situations can change quickly. We would like to have at least 48 hours notice if possible.
- If you have recently traveled, we would like to know from where and when the last date of your travel was.
- During this time of “social-distancing” we would ask that you limit the number of family members, if possible, that come with to to your appointment (preferably none). This is just a precaution to limit the potential exposure to our staff and other patients.
- Prior to coming to your appointment, please give us you appropriate cell phone number to text you from your car while you are waiting for you appointment. To minimize the occupancy in any area in the office, we are going to ask if you can wait in your car. Please text us when you arrive in the parking lot for your appointment using the text reminder number. We will then send you a message when your treatment room and ready for you to make your way up for your appointment.
- If you have a mask please wear it up to your appointment. Please enter through the waiting room and someone will immediately bring you back to your treatment room. We are trying to make sure all is ready for you so please be patient with us if we are a few minutes delayed.
- We will take your temperature along with reviewing some initial precautionary COVID questions.
- After we have completed your care and scheduled you next appointment in the treatment area, we will escort you directly out of the office.